Superfast Cornwall and Alca-Lu among this year’s Broadband InfoVision Awards winners
The winners of this year’s Broadband InfoVision Awards were announced last night at a gala dinner ceremony in Amsterdam, with UK public-private partnership Superfast Cornwall scooping the Changing Lives award and Alcatel-Lucent leaving with two trophies.
There were several new categories launched this year, including the Best Broadband Cloud award (won by Ericsson), the Outstanding Contribution to Broadband Success (awarded to the Broadband Forum) and the Best Broadband Partnership Award (taken by ZTE and Swedish operator Wexnet).
Gavin Whitechurch, executive director at Informa Telecoms & Media, commented: “The awards showcase the very best of the companies and individuals in the industry today, and recognises their accomplishments among the biggest and most influential players in the broadband space.
“This year with the introduction of new categories and a record-breaking number of entries, the winners that have been announced here tonight can truly celebrate the hard-work, creativity and dedication that ensures the market continues to evolve.”
The full list of winners:
- Best Broadband Partnership Award: ZTE and Wexnet
- Best Broadband Opex Management: Orange
- Broadband Home Award: Advanced Digital Broadcast
- Best Broadband Cloud Award: Ericsson
- Best Broadband Access Award – Wireless: Alcatel-Lucent
- Best Broadband Access Award – Fixed: Huawei Technologies
- Best Broadband Experience Award: Bouygues Telecom
- Best Broadband Enabler Award: Qualcomm Atheros
- Best Broadband Transport Award: Alcatel-Lucent
- Outstanding Contribution to Broadband Success: The Broadband Forum
- Broadband: Changing Lives Award: Superfast Cornwall – a Public/Private Partnership between Cornwall Development Company and BT